1. I need a JOBBBBBB!!!
2. My health is more important than figuring out why you have an attitude. I love you but I dont love you enough to land back in the hospital. I have no problem just leaving you where you are.
3. Dont tell me you want to be serious and never take me out/call….and no i dont miss you
4. Dont come to me with your problems if you know that we had a death in the family esp if you never offered me any condolences or even called/texted to check in
5. I’m not perfect so I’m sorry if i disappoint you sometimes. Hopefully you love me enough to forgive me and move forward
6. I keep having flashbacks about my email and it pisses me off
7. Its hot as sin outside and my feet are swollen
8. No, we are not friends
9. Stop whining that all women are the same. You sound like a pansy. We are NOT all the same, you’re just doing it wrong
10. Love you!
That moment when you just want to scream because you cant punch the person that wronged you in the face because they are oblivious to the fact that they are wrong. I hate when people act like victims. I also hate that I care so much. I know this doesnt warrant any energy from me. I know that karma is a force that works on its own time. But i cannot help being mad about it. I have dreams about it. I guess im just frustrated because people can do the most unbelievable things and pretend like it never happened then have the nerve to act like you did something to them. Its not fair how much I’ve had to deal with this year and I’ve kept my mouth shut about everything, and this person can go on like nothing happened. Im mad at myself for even wasting a blog post on this trollop but I needed somewhere to vent. People are sooo quick to be victims…when will people GROW UP and ask themselves “what did I do wrong in the situation and what can I do to make it better?” I know what I did wrong: trusting morally bankrupt subhuman creatures with private information. I know what I can do to make it better: forgive you and pray for that ass, but I’m no Mother Theresa and I’m not striving to be.
Dear Little Sister,
As I approach my final days of my undergraduate career I can’t help but feel a bit emotional. I am happy to finally be done with school (for the moment), sad because I am leaving my friends and the place I called home for the past 4 years, and nervous as I am not aware of what lies ahead of me. I am writing you this letter simply because I wish someone had done the same for me. I am going to share with you all the wisdom that I have accumulated over the years as I’ve wrestled with a tremendous amount of success and strife in my college career. I would be doing a disservice to you if I didnt at least share my reflections. As you end your freshman year of high school I can already see how time will fly. Before you know it you will be a college freshman, nervous about whats to come. Well my sister, here is some advice…
1. No matter how new your environment is, you WILL learn. The human mind is capable of adapting fairly quickly to new situations. I remember coming to school feeling like I wouldnt know anyone or find my way to class. TRUST me, this should be the least of your worries. You will be comfortable before you know it.
2. Know some of your professors on a first name basis. You will need letters of recommendation from them later.
3. DO NOT try to be friends with everyone. A friend to all is a friend to none. I had to learn this the hard way. You cant please everyone and not everyone is going to like you. That’s the way it is.
4. Never apologize for being who you are or how you feel. Holding things inside is never healthy and can cause more trouble than you bargained for. No matter how much it may hurt, express yourself, but dont be a jackass.
5. Dont be pre-med…..unless you REALLY REALLY want to be a doctor meaning if you didnt become a doctor it would rip your soul apart and send you into a spiraling depression for years to come.
6. You will probably change your major. Not to worry…some older folks still dont know what they are doing in life. College is about self-growth and discovery.
7. You dont know everything just because the law says you can vote or go to war. Listen to your parents, they have been there before. You will argue, fight, and they will work your LAST GOOD NERVE but if they didnt, they wouldnt be doing their job
8.You are not grown (yet) until you can fully provide for yourself. Meal points and that work study check aint cuttin it especially if you’re still getting care packages from home (chile you aint grown).
9. Dont be surprised if the friends you make your freshman year are completely different your senior year. Sometimes, you outgrow people and you come to realize what you really want/need out of your friendships. If people are incapable of meeting the needs of being a decent friend you dont need them. I’ve had to learn this the hard way as well (seems to be the way I learn…hmm…). I’ve befriended people who were in no shape or form good for me and thats perfectly okay. I do not blame them nor hold any hostilities. They taught me how to be a good friend, how to speak up for myself, and what I really need to look for in real friends. I can only hope that I taught them a few things as well. Without them, I wouldnt have grown close to the wonderful people I call friends today.
10. Dont get IBS…..DONT DO IT!
11. Your student health facilities will probably suck. You are pregnant until proven otherwise.
12. Study….no seriously. Dont get behind on work.
13. Be kind to everyone. You never know when you will be at the mercy of someone else. Even when people are horrible, be kind because they are the ones who need it most.
14. NEVER EVER EVER leave your email open (or trust anyone to close it for you). People will think its okay to look in there and get hurt when they see things they werent meant to see. Its just a good habit to be diligent about your privacy anyway.
15. Never mix light and dark liquor…I’ve seen what that does to people. If you choose to drink, which you probably will, do not under ANY circumstance get into a vehicle with someone who is inebriated. Always stay with your friends when going out. Create a buddy system and stick to it. Also, dont get pissy drunk. Vomiting and being the drunken lunatic at a party is NOT sexy.
16. Never take your drama to social networking sites…that is STUPID! And if you must engage in such debauchery, at least mention the person..sheesh.
17. You may meet a young man who will make you feel very special. You may even come to find that you feel strongly about him. It may work out but chances are it wont. You are young. You have SOOOO much love to give and receive. If you’ve tried everything you could to make it work then it was just not mean to be. Which leads me to my next piece of advice.
18. You will have your heart broken, but NEVER EVER let ANY man make you feel like you dont deserve anything good. I had to learn this. If he chose not to be with you for any reason, let him go. You will cry, listen to Brian McKnight songs on repeat, eat a gallon of ben and jerry’s and wallow in self-pity. Thats fine, allow yourself to feel bad but dont you dare convince yourself that you are not worthy of anything better. Dont let him make you feel that low. Dont give him that much power over you, especially if he was a jackass. Remember, he is someone else’s problem now.
19. Karma is REAL
20. 98% of the things you worry about never come to pass and the other 2% you will somehow make it through. Just keep on pushing.
21. People will do you over because they are self-interested. There are just some things that people do to you, no matter how unbelievable, that you cant take personally. Nobody wakes up wondering how they can ruin your life today (unless they are extremely bored or psychotic). Realize that people will ALWAYS look out for themselves in the end.
22. Life is too short to hold grudges. That can literally make you physically sick. Hatred festers and grows and robs you of your happiness. Like Kanye said, “No one man should have all that power.” If they were worth any salt, they wouldnt have done what they did. Let it go. It wont matter years from now anyway. Sometimes people are strategically placed in your life to do things that hurt you unfortunately. These people are necessary in your growth and development as a spiritual being. Thank these people for making you stronger and lot wiser.
23. These will be some of the most wonderful years of your life. Take every opportunity that comes your way. You cant get this time back.
24. You will be surrounded by people who grew up in different environments and who think a lot differently than you. Its not wrong, just different. Embrace that, you never know what you can learn from another person.
25. It is NEVER that serious…….check your mental breakdowns at the door. Breathe.
26. Find something to believe in. I dont care who/what it is….God, Buddha, Allah, Abraham and all his cousins….I dont care…just find SOMETHING to believe in and you hold onto your faith. Faith as small as a mustard seed can do wondrous things. Miracles happen everyday, I should know because you were born and I am writing this letter to you. Have faith in something but most importantly have faith in yourself. This world is not always kind and there will be people/things to bring you down and make you want to give up. Dont you ever give up on ANYTHING you feel strongly about. Persevere no matter how difficult things get. Life is not just about weathering the storms, but learning to dance in the rain. Faith can get you through anything. Carry it with you always.
Sister, I apologize for the length of this letter but I had to share these things with you. You see…I only wish I had an older sister to help prepare me for the most wonderful years of my life. I just want you to know that I love you deeply and as you complete high school and embark on your next journey to college I want you to keep this letter. Refer to it always, and add things to it as you go. Everyone’s journey is different, but I only hope to make yours a bit easier. Please remember everything I wrote here for you and hopefully someday, you can share it with another young lady who may need it.
Your Big Sister
Thank you for food, clothes, friends, family, etc but honestly…I just want a job right now. kthanks :(